Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Way kara-mon (phonetic spelling of "Yes, totally" in French)


So I changed my diet, and so far am doing well...
though I'm now spending about 2xs the cost of my dinner on drinks...
I buy boiled vegetable with cheese and two roti bread (akin to a tortilla) for 31 rps.
But then I also buy a Tropicana fruit juice which ranges between 50-75 rps. for 1 liter.

Very good so far... (though I think I'm mildly allergic to the orange juice).

Unfortunately some of my best friends in India are leaving (they've been here a month with me). So I'm a bit sad... but I'll keep them in prayer just as they will keep me.


And I might just go visit them in Paris, on my European Pilgrimage this winter... (if you're interested in coming, email me ;-) or post a comment...) I plan on going through Poland, Medjugorgje and Italy over a month... but at the very least Poland and Italy.


The last few days have been really hectic... we're getting ready for a volunteers day, so I've had several jobs of the last few days to get done. While helping with a job (copying down the name of the songs they musicians are going to sing) I doodled on my hand... it started as a scribble...


We also had a mob of volunteers show up one day to kalighat... we took over half a bus...

And orientations are getting larger... more and more people are getting out of their classes in Europe so we'll have over 300 volunteers in less than two weeks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home