Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Blessings of friends

Today I went late to Kalighat, but in time for mass, which is such a blessing!
Everytime I feel like I'm struggling with something in my life, I look and the majority of the time, I realise, its because I've missed daily mass. Since I've been sick so much lately, I've been noticing it so much more. Christ really is my daily bread, without which I slowly die.

After mass, I took it easy and folded laundry then helped finish up dishes... then we headed out.

On the way home we got mobbed by the street kids on Park Street... (really the reason was that there was a large group of foreigners, especially women, so the kids swarmed thinking easy prey)... the kids left me alone pretty much, and only took a little convincing that I would not give them anything... the girls however aren't as stern as the guys, so they get constantly hassled.

After that, we headed to Flury's a fancy coffee shop (which is really expensive for India) where I got an Iced coffee with Ice cream.





I have to admit that it is really nice to have Americans around to talk with... I've been getting tired of being completely quiet as the French speak to each other and forget that I don't speak French... and the Irish are okay, but most of them aren't around my age.

God is so amazing! I don't know how to explain the graces He grants when you ask for them... you can never understand until you've experienced His love.


Steubenville South is happening right now so please keep them in prayer! It's an amazing ministry put on by people I love greatly. (It's a retreat for 5500 youth and has about 500 volunteers to run it). I wish I could be called there right now, but God has me here, even though my heart yearns to be with my brothers and sisters.

Also keep the retreatants in prayer for the next few months, they'll have an amazing experience at Steubenville, but many will return to youth ministries that are lacking formation or that are non-existant, and they may suffer greatly. Ask God to grace them with perseverance, courage , joy and strength.

India's been good lately, a bit frustrating stuck in my room and unable to work as often as I've liked but, sometimes you have to wait. I finally started wearing my longhees, yesterday and today... which is a different experience, but its been not as embarrassing as I expected... a few sisters have even complimented me on them. Its still weird having to be conscious of how I sit.

"He is my Light and my Salvation
Whom have I to fear
In His secret place I'll hide and pray
That I might hear a simple word

Oh how I would have despaired
If You had not come found me there
I can lean against You throne and find my Peace
Find my Peace
And when my enemies draw near
I pray that they will find
That I'm protected and secure
All tempests He will bind with a mighty word

Oh how I would have despaired
If You had not come found me there
I can lean against You throne and find my Peace
Find my Peace (x2)

He is my Light and my Salvation whom have I to fear?

~Jennifer Knapp "Peace" From the album "Lay It Down"
(Emphasis added)

1 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fkury's is soooo fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home