Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Motherhouse and vows

315pm
Motherhouse and vows

on the 8th, I was healthy enough and I headed to Motherhouse.
Where I noticed for the first time that there is a statue of Mary on the front.


When I arrived, I was told about the Sister's final vows. But as the time was late I headed up to the chapel to pray. A few minutes later the sister at the door came up and grabbed me. Apparently another volunteer wanted to go to the vows, so we gathered a group of three, and took a taxi.


we were delayed by a fire in a large building.


And I got to see the Indian fire department lose control of their hose momentarially.


Before they were able to start putting it out.


We eventually arrived at the Cathedral.


Which is actually a church I've never been to, but which was quite nice.


The ceremony was beautiful, even though we only made the tail end.


It was after the ceremony that Joe and I bumped into each other and connected.

He brought a group of 8, which by now should be in their respective homes.

Joe, 2 girls from his group and I headed back to the Motherhouse. Where we got to participate in the reception. Which included samosas, jabeeleis (I don't know how to spell that) and a drink.

It's always nice to celebrate with the sisters.



And to rejoice in their happiness.
In the picture, the ones with the blue and silver garlands are the ones who made final vows.

Blessings,
Edward
325pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home