Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Kolkata arrival

258pm
23.12.8
Kolkata arrival
I arrived in Kolkata on the 5th (I think). And headed straight for Peter Cats. Which is also known as my "send off" place.


I ordered the "Peter Cat" cooler, which was a nice drink.


And I had Harem's or Afghani chicken (I can never remember which is which).



And my two Swedish train buddies enjoyed one of their last meals in India, Before heading to Thailand.


And I enjoyed helping two travelers wrap up their trip.


The next day for breakfast, I headeed to my ol' stand by (Fresh and Juicy) and had some mango cornflakes and fried eggs on toast with cheese.




It was a nice return meal, back into the grind.

It also just so happened that my first full day back was the first day of the new branch of the internet place. So I was the first laptop customer to enjoy the new digs. And as I mentioned earlier... I was the esspresso tester.


The next day I changed rooms from Paragon to Maria and then had breakfast at JoJo's. On my way back the 20 feet or so to my hotel, I realised I was too weak to head to work.


That night I headed out for dinner and stopped by Kathleen's confectionary. Where I saw some nice pastries.


Which promptly reminded me that pastries in India, do not taste as good as they look. Though they do taste pleasant, nonetheless.

Anni and I then met up and had a real dinner at Khasala... where it appeared some hungry people had been before us.


And where, I continued to delight in my new found friend of Chili Chicken.


I love that I now crave Indian foods.
312pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home