Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Closin' on up

529pm
22.12.8
Closin' on up

Friday, I headed to the tailors to pick up my "item". Afterwards, since I was in the area, I met up with Tia and Mitch and we headed to dinner. I think the place was named Tandoor, and it was on Sarat Bose road. It was a bit swanky and had good food. It was recommended by Tia's aunt as "hygenic".

We had a nice complimentary cup of butter milk with pepper, chilies and some spices.


It's decor was on par with nice restaurants in the US. Including an abnormal (for India) amount of beautiful wood.


The speciality of the restaurant was South Indian, and each of the dishes in the menu had the location it came from listed. I started with a fish and chili item that was nice and delicious.


And Tia started with a veg Item of potatoes and chili, cooked in what Mitch and I agreed, must have been a white wine sauce. I think her veg item was quite fantastic.


My main course was a chicken dish, that ordered with "little" hotness. And for once I was actually understood! It was quite tasty, and I actually wished it had been a pinch hotter!


Apparently, December is Wedding season. And at various points in time you end up stumbling across a random one or two. And each time it's fun to hear the drums and see the costumes.


It also coincidentally is Puppy/kitten season...


And you constantly find puppys everywhere... the kittens however have demonstrated to me why we say "'fraidy cat".


Everytime they see you come near, they run away into a hole... like rats. Ironic.

I had my last tender coconut on saturday. Boy am I going to miss them. They're perfect to calm down your mouth after a spicy meal.


I'm also going to miss my new favourite fruit, chicku. But I will not miss the weekly pasttime of the communists...


Strikes! Raise the Red flag! Three day weekend!


I feel like the communists are akin to this lobster... and I wish they were more akin to the ice cream.

Scoop by the way, though it claims to be an ice cream parlour, only had four types of "ice cream" on the menu, and only one of them did they actually have. The four types were four types of sundaes. They didn't ever list their individual flavours any where... but the creative thing was that their menus were seasonal, and the ice cream sundaes all had christmas/new years themes... I wanted Jingle something (it had mint chocolate chip), but all they had was the new years one.

Oh, how I will not miss menus that only have a few real items on them.

But I will of course miss India. But I think in an odd way.

Blessings,
Edward
600pm

1 Comments:

At 4:58 AM, Blogger Jen-n-Jac said...

The sundae looks delicious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home