Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Monday, December 22, 2008

Bye bye Kolkata, for now.

1258pm
22.12.8
Bye bye Kolkata, for now.

So I'm leaving Calcutta in about 4 hours...
I've finished my painting.


Where I got by the night of the 19th.


Morning the 20th (sat).


And finished Sat night. (Biggest change is a new layer of red paint on the heart, and less obvious is depth for the flowers, flames and vines, etc.)



I packed up my bed today...


and left my dorm.



Leaving Anni with a small pharmacy.



And finally mailing off photo Cds to Fr. Arul (sorry!).



And now, I'm chillin at Hotline internet, eating pastries and waiting for my goodbye lunch.


I'll be scheduling some posts, if I get time. And if nothing else, I'll be writting posts on my train ride to Delhi. (Which will be posted there).

Today at mother house, everyone sang for me.

It turned out... JUST for me. No one else's last day was today. Talk about a little awkward.



After taking this picture, I was informed the rules for photos in the volunteer den had changed... so I couldn't take any more.

Leave for two years and things happen.

Volunteering this year was nice, even if I was sick for most of my volunteer time. And now next time I come back, Sister Andrea (a German sister at Shishu) has a new job for me lined up... which is exciting to be utilised for a skill that I have (even if it be a skill that is not well developed).

Blessings,
Edward
107pm

1 Comments:

At 4:36 AM, Blogger Jen-n-Jac said...

The painting is beautiful! Glad to see you had a nice "last day." See you soon! Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home