Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Travellin' time

545pm
23.12.8
Travellin' time

I left Kolkata yesterday, and I took a new route to the train station... ferry.




It was nice, quick, and peaceful. As opposed to the traffic stuffed and stopped up bridge route.

When I boarded my train, I found myself in the middle of a Punjabi wedding migration...


And though one of the reasons I took this train, was to have peace, quiet and space... I found it quickly crowded, noise and busy.

Luckily one Punjabi wanted my seat, so he traded with me. His seat was less crowded and noisy, but still had the same migratory party around. But it was nice, I was even able to put my luggage somewhere instead of my bed. Which wasn't possible in the previous seat.
As always the food was nice and plentiful on the Radj train. Starting with afternoon tea.


Dinner soup course and dinner (no pic of dinner).


Breakfast tea (I didn't take) and breakfast.


Then I arrived in my second least favourite city in the world.
I had a top floor room, and I've rested, and typed up stuff. And watched recess at the school next door.


After my nap I headed out for dinner. And I was constantly reminded why I hate this city. Every two steps someone is talking to you, "friend, what do you want?" "Friend why are you going away?" etc. etc. etc. It's a good training for virtue. Focus on the goal and let nothing distract you. None of these people are up to any good... they all want to use you for commission or just to plain scalp you or just trick you. Almost all will lie to you, and there's really no reason to talk to them. I'm so happy I'm only in this city for 14 hours.


Because once you show weakness they will pounce.

I've learned that there is no reason to talk to any non-tourists on the streets in Delhi. Other places, yes. Delhi, NO. Just keep on walking and let their words pass you by, remaining undisturbed.

I bought some Chiku as a going away present to myself, and as a photo op for you.


They look like potatoes... but taste oh so nice.



I returned to a place I've eaten before, for my final Indian Meal...


Which was a "Special" Thali.


which came with Naan.


And papad.


I was surprised that I could eat the whole thing, and then three chickus. But I'm slowly catching on to the whole Indian eating customs of stuffing yourself. :-)

Soon I'll be in the USA...
Here's my last goodbye from/to India.

Scheduled posts to follow!

Blessings,
Edward
558pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home