Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Kolkata the last few days

1010pm 13.12.8

So I've been in Kolkata... and like usual, I've been more sick than healthy. But I've had a few great days of remeeting and meeting friends.


Anni, from Finland is a friend from the 2006 trip. We've kept in contact, and had a nice remeet at the Internet shop. Turns out that we also stay in the same dorm.



Cristophe, the ever elegant frenchman, looks more dapper now than before. I think it's the long hair and the fact that he's gained some weight... yes, it doesn't look like it, but he actually has!



The my new Italian friend, Guadia headed home...



And I got to remeet my goat friends who love to travel in gangs down any street they wish, showing their mutton muscles.



At Shishu Bahvan, I'm working on repainting this heart (it's in process above, getting sanded and stripped from it's previous life.)


And this guy saved the day, when I was looking for a small piece of wood to use as a sanding block, he gave it to me free. :-)

Then later yesterday, Tia and I went out to eat at Peter Cats.

I had the "Non-veg anything" which turned out to be a nice chicken soup


and a chicken sizzler.


Then after dinner, I did something I've never done before and will probably never ever ever do again...



Yes, I bought a GQ. I'm getting a certain article of clothing made here that will come in use repeatedly in the US, especially over the next few months. (Which Tia and her dad were kind enough to help me today to get tailored).

After dinner we went to Barista (read Indian Starbucks) and chatted about India and our experiences.


Then this morning on my way to Shishu, I saw a COW IN A RICKSHAW!




Well, it was in pieces, but it was still a Cow, in a rickshaw.

Funny, I don't yet have a picture of Tia.
1025pm

3 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Jen-n-Jac said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick. Are you taking your malaria meds? Other than you being sick and viewing cow parts, it sounds like you're doing well in Kolkata. Love you!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! You managed to get a photo of Christophe. Well done! I've been pestering him for a photo for a long time and he would always say he didn't have any:)

Anna

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger michelle said...

My GQ cutie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home