Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Salty Beds


So I'm beginning to get frustrated with these occaisional bouts of health... they really distrupt a good thing. I mean who doesn't love having to use inhalers, decongestants, asprin, hydrocortizone, steriod creams, etc every five minutes?

Anyhow... I think I may have solved part of the reason I get intestinal problems so much and its something rather simple (I hope)... Salt. I need salt... I'm going to dramatically increase my salt intake over the next few days and keep it high while I remain... Indians apparently don't salt their foods much when cooking so I think I'm in a salt deficiency... which apparently causes sickness, weakness, allergies to increase, cramps, etc... which explains alot.

Also, I've had the joy of being bitten repeatedly by small insects lately... and no it's not been mosquitos... they don't seem to like my blood, but these buggers do...
bed bugs... these suckers leave welts that itch way more than mosquitos, and they are more annoying because they only seem to attack when you're just in that nice spot of sleep ...

1 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Adrienne said...

They stink! When we went to Amsterdam, we all were attacked by bedbugs and were miserable for many days after.

There's a special sheet thing you can get that is like a sleeping bag. But it protects you from bedbugs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home