Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Monday, July 17, 2006

Lets play catch(up)! Sunday July 9

So I've been a bit lax in putting up these catch up blogs, and normal blogs, so here goes...


Another of my friends, Cindy left Kolkata. (And several left while I was on my trip).

Bernadette, Ashley and I went to do some last minute shopping after going to Nabo Jibon in the morning. Where we played with the street kids (during a sunday program put on by the MC Brothers who also let them bathe on Sunday Mornings). Unfortunately for the girls, who had hoped to go to Flury's for lunch ("American Pancakes") We couldn't go because I wasn't up to dress code... I was wearing a lungee... so they kicked us out as soon as I entered.

Then we spent hours at the grocery store (which is funny considering the thing is the size of a convienence store) buying snacks for our trip... After the Grocery store we went to Pizza Hut... which was a good change of food, and was the largest Pizza Hut EVER. Enourmous... you could seat like 3 standard American Pizza Huts in it...


I also learned a bit more about Bernadette and Cheese balls...


She's an odd one!
(but so is Ashley... and well probably me too.) Afterwards we headed home, took showers, and did some last minute packing/unpacking/packing/unpacking/packing. Unfortunately my block was out of electricity so I had to take a shower by flashlight, and then run over to Salvation Army (where some of my friends live) and pack/upack there.

Then we met up with everyone and headed to the train station and waited for our train.

Our train was on time and we piled into our berths.
Allie, Lindsay, Brooke, Lindsay.
Bernadette and Ashley
Joe.
Anne-Marie and Me.

And of course Hettie. :-)

Bernadette lucked out and chose the bed in the empty "cabin" (they really aren't separated by any walls except the ones the beds are attached too). The only other occupant was the Chief Guard of the train (a Captain) Who had a squad of 6 other men (they were disperesed through the train). He was a really nice guy and we shared our dinner/snacks with him.

After a bit of eating and talking we hit the Hay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home