Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Monday, July 03, 2006

Looney Toons

So, so far in India, I've learned never to call a restroom a restroom or a bathroom for that matter. Call it a water closet or toilet and you'll find what you're looking for. Saturday night after going to Peter Cats, we went to Barista (read: "Indian Starbucks") and had a brownie and drinks... I asked for the Water Closet, and got blank stares... Restroom? Blanker stares. Bathroom? Toilet? Urinal? Oh! upstairs to the left. It's good I have vocabulary... else I don't know how I'd be able to evacuate my system. (Of course in India there is always the curb.) So apparently they label the Water closet as a loo in Barista... if you call it a Loo, shouldn't you also know water closet? They're both British. And Loo is slang, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home