Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bangalore

I'm in Bangalore, with a mild diarrhea.

BUT I MET some fantastic people BECAUSE OF IT!

I was in adoration at the St. Patricks Church, when I heard mass starting, so I went, carrying my bags... but when I got to church, I started having stomach pain, so I left. A young gentleman, saw my discomfort and came out to see if I needed any medicines or help.

I just needed a bathroom at the time, but after mass I decided to give him my contact information. That's when we started talking and I found out about his family and he found about my pilgrimage/mission. And he introduced me to his brother and coworkers. WHO WERE AT MASS!

He then invited me to come to eat with him, and thinking we were going to a restaurant, I said sure! But instead I came to his work, where I got to meet a whole workplace full of CATHOLICS! Catholics who were striving to be Catholic, even!

He and one brother run half of the workplace as a software firm and his other two brothers are architects/interior designers.

All of whom are good Catholics... so I got the low down on local Catholic sites/shrines.

He has been so hospitable, that I can only thank God for answering my prayer. I prayed earlier today for Him to prepare a place of rest for me while in Bangalore, and due to several "God incidences". We connected and now I'm about to meet a local lay missionary.

Oh and the Chai here is GOOD!

Okay, and I have alot of pictures and blogs to post from the last few days, but I don't think I have time right now.

I'll see what I can do.

1 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Blogger Jen-n-Jac said...

So glad to hear that you found some friends. Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home