Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Monday, August 18, 2008

The threshing floor of God

so for the last few days I've been sick again... yesterday I got so dizzy that I couldn't stand up or sit up with vomiting... and I was so dizzy that I couldn't read anything longer than a sentence without losing focus.

Let it be known that I'm not exactly a nice patient... Michelle was doing a beautiful job of trying to take care of me... and I was not very nice and irritable.

Michelle kept trying to get me to go to an Indian Doctor (I don't have insurance and I DON'T want to go to a doctor here unless I really really really have to). So I eventually suggested that she get Barbara... an Italian Doctor that I knew from the last time I was here (she's also back for her first return tour in Kolkata).

I asked Michelle to leave a message at her hotel... which she did. And around 10pm, Barbara and Luigi (another Italian Doctor) came to my rescue, giving me a shot which has stopped the vomiting and reduced dizziness to almost nothing. She also gave me some pills for diarrhea.

So today I've been able to hold down fluid, and two pieces of toast, and I hope to hold down more as the day goes on.

It's funny to to think that yesterday I had a revelation about sickness. It's not only a time for God to take our wounded humanity and heal it, but also a time where he takes our sick souls, breaks them open, and tries to heal them. I didn't cooperate fully with the healing this time, but I hope that as time goes on, I'll be much better.

I truly believe the mark of a Saint is Joy in affliction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home