Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Testify about the Testimony

Picture from earlier in the day of my testimony

So I keep getting people everyday who come up to me and thank me for my testimony (aka, my secret mission)...

It's very humbling but also somewhat dumbfounding. Both for the same reason... It was really God that they're connecting with, that's what really touched them, that's the only thing that can ever touch someone. Only truth, beauty and goodness can bring a person to joy. And for those, there is only the One.

I was told by one of the sisters the reason that I was asked to lead orientations was because of how slowly I spoke during my testimony. I thought about that for a bit and realised that's one of the reasons I felt that it went so poorly, because I took so long...

The hallway where we hung out just before a few talks including my testimony

THEN, I saw God's hand... I had prayed so much for God to use me, hours upon hours of prayer (and I had some others praying for me also) that God did just that! He took me aside and went through me against my desires and will (which was exactly my desire, because I desired a much different testimony and style of speech, but who am I to know what is needed to touch someone, so I desired that God do what He needed to do and how He needed to do it.).

God used a slow and clear pattern of speech to reach the most people... there was a sizable number (if not majority) of English as a second language people, so the slow and clear pattern was enormously helpful (I didn't really understand that until tonight when a French girl was thanking me and when I responded she couldn't easily follow my speech since I was speaking much faster than I had Thursday night.)


It's funny how smart God is! :-) I like it a lot!
A bit after dinner which was after the hour prayer, the movie and the talks (the guitarist is really good... we all sang the Red Hot Chilli Pepper's song City of Angels, I was shocked to hear Americans, French, Brits, Indians and Spaniards sing the song together)

1 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Adrienne said...

Isn't it God that always takes what you think is the worst and makes it His best?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home