Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Long Haired Hippy

So Having long hair has a benefit and a drawback that I've discovered so far...

First, the benefit is that the Indian girls think I'd be more handsome if I cut it. Which means that I have no intentions of cutting it anytime here. That's not a situation I want to worry about anytime soon.

Second, the draw back is that everytime I walk somewhere I get asked if I want Hashish (is that how you spell it?) AKA Pot, Mary Jane, Marijuana, etc. I walked through "New market" a tourist trap area and within 30 minutes I got asked 12 times... and several store owners who misunderstood that I was asking for Lychee started to walk me to some "good hasish". Hung would love the Lychee here... very good... though I think a bit over priced at 40 rp/kilo (I got it down to 35, but I think the shopkeeper didn't give me a full kilo).

1 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home