Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Photos and stories


Best steak ever...

Hadam and I went to OLY bar on park street because he had heard about a mean steak... it was the best steak I've had ANYWHERE in the world and so now Calcutta is the home of the best steak in the world just as Athens has the best Pizza in the world (Coumas). Our trek to find the place was long... we went completely around it (Park street bends and we went to the wrong leg of the bend).



This is just a beautiful sight that I saw as I was walking to the ATM today... (the exchange rate is really nice right now... we got about 500 more ruppees for the same cost in USD that we had a few weeks ago). All the natives were trying to figure out what the Foreigner was doing... (of course on my walk I was offered some "nice grass" and some "good hasish" numerous times... GAHH LEAVE ME ALONE!)



These pictures are from the my walk to my first orientation yesterday... we got stuck in the middle of a wedding party on the street... a whole entourage was trekking through the narrow street (marquis street?) and it was crazy trying to get through them... but I took out my camera and took a few shots... then these guys wanted their picture taken so I took one... (they wanted more but I was late to work).

India is amazing... I love it, and it also breaks my heart so much and so often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home