Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Dateline: Nov 12-- Goa

133am
29.11.8
Nov 12-- Goa

So this is probably going to freak out a lot of people... and perhaps the following pictures should not be viewed by the weak hearted or women or children...

But, Yes. I did the unthinkable in Goa... I went to an Indian Dentist!



Doesn't she look scary?

Okay, okay, actually the whole thing was quite fun and nice! Amber, is a Dentist you see, and she offered to do our teeth for free... which, upon my very brief reflection, I quickly said SWEET! The last time I had my teeth checked out was a bit ago... because I don't have dental insurance in the states.

Plus I trust Amber, she's a great gal.



Myron however, is more like a politician... always ready for the photo op. ;-)




The first to get checked was Sylvia...



The next was Myron (who hammed it up).


And the last was me... as you can see they tortured me for this picture.

Luckily I don't have any cavities, and now my teeth are recently cleaned. So I'm all set for my next 5 year visit!

OH and she did me a big favour... ever since I chipped off the bottom right quarter of my front tooth, the replacement plaster has been bothering me. So she smoothed it out so that it's now flush with my tooth, instead of being a snag point.

The cleaning procedure was different than in the US. She didn't use the infamous dentists' picking tools we use, only the plugged in tools. But it seems to have been quite equivalent to a US Dentist (minus the standard x-rays in the US). I'd do it again.

143am

2 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Jen-n-Jac said...

Glad to see that your visit to the dentist went well. Love you!

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger michelle said...

You are a crazy minkey! Glad you're teeth are clean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home