Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Bangalore first day continued

956PM 28.8.8
This afternoon I was blessed yet again with further comfort. Zach (brother of clifford, whom I met at mass)took me to see Fritz, a lay Catholic evangelist. Fritz invited me into his home, and for me to treat it as my own.

So I was able to shower, rest, pray in his private oratory (where he is blessed to have the eucharist), and have dinner before my next leg.

He also invited me to join his evangelisation school coming up for six weeks. Though I informed him that God would have to surmount several obstacles in the forms of obligations, and money, before i'd be convinced it was His will.

One interesting thing I noted was that i've up to now only raised enough money for three of the five months, so I believe I could, under no obligation to my donors, do the school, since it would be directly from my money or from money donated specifically for this.

Though that is not something I really want to do... I'd rather be out serving. But God's will be done.

I do suspect that Sister lisy would have to be asked to leave bangalore for october, by her superiors, for God to really convince me. As I really want to help her out and see what's up.

Evangelisation school sounds good in theory, but I've been through similar. And I'd rather serve. And prepare the nonprofit ministry I know I'm called to right now.

New rule for india. If someone comes up and asks where you are going, reply somewhere. They understand that better than being ignored.

Also for all you interested in coming, never answer a 'tout'. These are the kids/people who come up to you and ask you questions. They're scammers, and you'll get screwed. Possibly badly.
1015

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home