Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Being surrounded by a bunch of nuns is a bit unsettling...

Post office.

Today I had the joy of mailing off some books to my Mom's house... it cost only 200 rps for about 7 lbs (at book rate). That includes the packing... which is actually a pretty interesting process which ends with a bit of sewing...


(that's my package in the background... zoom in..)

I got my blood reports back... and I don't have typhoid and I probably don't have malaria (but apparently they have a caveat that "one negative" doesn't mean you don't have it) and I also don't have P. Falciparum (whatever that is). They didn't do any other tests (like I thought they would)... so other than those specific things I don't know anything... though it is nice to know that I don't have them!




So to explain the title of this post...
Today adoration was held in a different room than normal (instead of the chapel, it was held in the room below it, and identical to it, save one key feature... Mother's Tomb)... so I tried to figure out where to sit, but I think I guessed wrong, because halfway into the evening prayer I began to be surrounded by Nuns... and all the other volunteers were far away from me... I didn't know what to do, and since I was sitting by the superior of Mother house, I figured if she wanted me to move she would have already told me... so I sat surrounded by nuns and quite a bit embarrassed. Which is good, cause my pride needs a few more hits.


Tomorrow is my last work day... (most likely, though I'll try to work on Friday, but am leaving it open in case of packing or other needs).

Things are ending, and they're ending fast...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home