Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Friday, May 19, 2006

Appreciation

So today as I was heading to Kalighat I was told that Kat was going as well... so I made the decision to face the fear between us head on. And God answered my prayers of the last few days and sent graces between us. After being initially apprehensive to my approach she was calmed to find out that I didn't plan to be here right now, and that I had hoped to avoid her.

We talked a little and the air is definitely not normal, but I don't expect it ever to be. But at least now the fear has been vanquished by the Light.

Today at Kalighat, I realised how futile my efforts are. I can do nothing but smile, caress, massage, wash dishes, launrdy, prepare food, etc. But Kat has a gift that I envy, and began to really realise today that I respect and cherish. That of healing. She can do something that I can never hope to do, prolong someone's life, make it more comfortable, and possibly heal. I can't express how thankful I am for her being here. It's almost overwhelming, to the point that when I think about it, I have to stop and think of something else, or the two tears that are forming would turn into torrents. I'm so happy that she's brought her gifts to serve these people I love. And that she can do something so amazing, puts words out of reach.

Thank you, Kat.

And thank you Lord, for answering my recent prayers. You are an amazing God who can overcome every obstacle. Whose graces overflow.

(Edit... see: http://sirhair.blogspot.com/2006/05/kats-in-india.html to make more sense of this post...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home