Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Friday, May 19, 2006

Holiday and not so much

So today is a holiday for the Ghandi School (according to the only other person who goes to breakfast at the Motherhouse and who goes there also) and the holiday continues until monday.

I'm still not sure I believe that the Ghandi School exists. And many people also doubt it's existance. Nobody knows where it is, and it took me asking almost every volunteer to find just one other person. But if it does exist, I'm going to love it, I expect. I love teaching. I love helping others learn. And I especially love teaching kids.

This afternoon I'm going to find out more about what I'm going to do on this top secret mission... (the one I can't talk about because I don't know if it's appropriate to yet). And I think I'm going to love it emmensely! God is SOO good to me. Always abundant in grace and always driving me to holiness. (It's a good thing too, because I don't have a license and I suck at driving; both spiritually and automotively.)

I worked out our rough budget yesterday, and currently it comes out to 300 rp a day between the both of us (which will go to our cheap rent of 100rp a night, our dinner usually about 100rp, our transportation which comes to about 35 rp a day and some spare change, 65rp, for the internet or a small lunch or snack or such)... which means, if we don't want to add more money from our personal accounts, we'll have to stay in Calcutta, or fast when ever we can to save money for trips or nice things like snacks or more detergent. I imagine that I'll have to put in more money for myself. But luckily it won't be too much.

Also it's completely doable, and we will easily survive.

I was going to add some pictures, but I apparenly left my camera at my room.

Also, THERE ARE MANY MEN HERE WHO ARE SCUM. EVERY woman I've talked to has been grabbed at least once, and most have been grabbed repeatedly at various parts of their bodies.

Lord, please protect your daughters, and help your sons to protect them.

1 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's sad about men there grabbing women. it's like that here as well. :(. now i put on a fierce face whenever i walk alone in the streets.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home