Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Monday, June 12, 2006

so John, a friend from Iowa is in town. He was supposed to go yesterday with us on a tour of Kolkata, but his train got in 15 hours late (it was scheduled for 8am).
So instead Joe, Anne-Marie, and I went to the flower market and the victoria Memorial which was fun... but our legs were really tired after walking "30" miles (probably 5-10). I'll post pictures as soon as I can... but today my right eye is in pain so I can't really think too much as I type... earlier today I had to leave morning prayer because I was feeling sick.
On my way home, I took a taxi that was a bit uncooperative, he wanted to charge me 50 for a ride that costs 20rps, I said no, meter will be 20, then he said 30 and I said no, and walked away (before I had actually gotten a ride). He eventually called me back and said okay meter. Then I told him to take a left, which he didn't want to take, because "sudder street is not that way" (he was trying to take me for a ride...) I said left (in hindi) several times and he finally said okay... then I directed him to my hotel... and guess what the meter said? 20 rps. I really dislike people who try to rip foreigners off, they give the numerous good Indians a bad shake.

Today for orientation, we had 13 people from Waco come... which was cool to have such a large group of Texans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home