Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Days of Blessings

a few things before I pass out...

So yesterday was my first day doing computer stuff, it is for Mother Teresa, and I am working with a database for her archives... so I get to read some really cool things...

And she was amazing!

Today I was taking a shower with a new washcloth that I had brought extra from the states. It just so happens that it was white. But just after washing my face it turned brown... And I shower 2-3 times a day... by the time I finished with my feet it was a sewer water grey.

Today I got to work at Prem dan, after moving a patient their who used to be at Kalighat. And it was really amazing... but in a profoundly sacred way. He was really healthy, but within an hour of his arrival turned really bad, to the point the Sisters think he's going home.

I've never been at a living passion before, but today I got to sit with a man suffering his last, and I got to pray the divine mercy chaplet for him. The main prayers go:
"Eternal father I offer you the body and blood of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world"
"For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

During this time, I witnessed the living passion of Jesus. In a way that I can't describe, I was both mourning and profoundly moved by suffering, goodness and beauty.

I lost My wallet today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home