Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Friday, April 21, 2006

OH JOYOUS DAY!

So we got our visas today... and I tricked brendan... told him he had some letters in my room, and then when he was turned around, I positioned his visa infront of his face, so that when he turned back that's what he saw... :-) it was fun!

SO YES WE ARE OFFICIALLY ALLOWED INTO THE COUNTRY!!!
PRAISE GOD!

I also got three shots today at the docs... and three more are scheduled for next thursday... YAY!

We also decided on purchasing a water purifier pump... we really didn't expect to spend that much money, but we'll actually be saving money on the deal (we didn't realise how expensive it was to purify water) but the pump is reusable, and "field cleanable" meaning we don't need any new filters (which most require). And it's only $90ish dollars, which should be easily coverable by our "things we didn't think about" section of our budget. We also purchased some hiking tents, in case we endup somewhere that we can't find housing (i.e., if we are travelling), or someplace it's cheap to camp at. Which will also come out of that part of the budget.

I also got loaded with meds... and I need to ensure I don't need anymore...

AND I finally got to ask a doctor the question I've been asking every one else...
If I get into an asthma emergency can i use an epipen?
She said "That's a very good question actually, and YES you can! That's how it was done in the old days."
So now I have an emergency asthma solution in addition to an anaphylatic shock solution all wrapped up in one epipen (I'm actually carrying like 5).

And I lost my wallet today...

But a teacher found it and called me so I get to pick it up today (friday).

Praise our loving and faithful God!

1 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger Adrienne said...

I'm so glad plans are going along smoothly.

And thank you for the wonderful letters! We were pleased to receive them. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home