Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Blessings!

The Lord is amazing!
Today I had two unexpected events occur. One occured when I went to fill out a form for my new advisor. My old advisor (Dan) bumped into me, and told me something truly astonishing! He had gotten my letter and passed it to others to read, and others were interested in helping too! He was amazed by the fact we were asking for so small an amount from people. And it was funny to me, because he knew why!

We don't ask for a lot of money from others because we don't need alot. We do need some, but we only need some (anything more is an unexpected blessing!) Our goal in fundraising is not primarially to raise funds or awareness. It's to incorporate YOU into something amazing. By giving us the money one of us needs for a day, you've supported a missionary for a day. You've done something truly spectacular, you've given life to a dream. You've are the reason we are in India for that day, you are the direct cause of us feeding the poor that day. You are the direct cause of us comforting the dying. You are the direct cause of everything we do that day. YOU made an amazing difference in the world. And that's why we give thanks to God for you. Why on that day, we remember in all our prayers the sacrifice you made to give us the food we ate, the place we slept, the chance to serve.

Later in the day I received a phone call from James, a man truly seeking God. He's the leader of a prayer group and had heard from Bryan (one of the young men from my old youth group that I sent a letter to) about my trip. He decided to add our trip to the prayer groups agenda and see what happens!

I never thought that this trip would spread by word of mouth, but it has! What a blessing! Everyday I get several more people who want to get letters! What a blessing!

1 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post is really touching. We people don't think about it ($$) much. Thanks for sharing and giving people the opportunity to take part in this great Work. I would have given you some ($$)too but postage would cost way too much (!!). So, i'll send my prayers instead (faster- instantaneous! zing!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home