Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Friday, November 21, 2008

For Starters, I'll have the Sinus infection...

1130pm
19.11.08
so lets start with recent things first... I'm in Pondicherry. I arrived yesterday (the 18th) just before dinner. I'm sick (again).

The first thing I did, was to find a room... which turned out easy once I figured out the area code of Pondicherry.

Then I set out for dinner at Rendezvous, which is a well respected french style restaurant here. And also a restaurant owned by Deena's Aunt (a friend from the School). But unfortunately it was closed yesterday. So I went across the street to a pizza place that was also in the guide book. Au Feu de Bois. And to my surprise it actually lived up to it's name...


a wood fired pizza oven ("Au feu de bois"=="Woodfire")!


And it actually had really nice pizza. It was even better than most New York "Pizza"... but then again there are only a few good places in New York.

Today, I slept in, trying to get healthier. Then I walked to rendezvous and had a nice Quiche Lorraine for lunch. With a nice lime soda. Lime soda is made in India, by squeezing a fresh lime into a cup, adding soda water, and then either a sugary or salty "masala" (spice mix). The nice thing about this soda, was that you had the lime already squeezed, and the sugar juice and soda were not yet added. So you could add as much of one or the other you liked.


Then I came home and napped... yes, I AM sick, so I DO have a good reason to sleep so much. Speaking of which, I went to the Doctor the other day, and though the medicines he gave have helped out alot, I've still got a mild fever, congestion, coughing, etc. Between this sickness and my last one I had two day's vacation. Which were two really nice days. I'll be making a point to visit a doctor tomorrow. Docs here are pretty good for the most part. Though they often seem to treat the effects more than the cause, as they don't have as much diagnostic equipment available as Western Doctors have. It's sort of rare to get a diagnosis from a doctor here, but you get medicines that help. And doctors are cheap 40 or so ruppees (1$) for most consults, and around a 100rps (2$) for the pills you need.

I definitely no longer have a fear of Indian Doctors. I find them all quite competent. But stick with the western style doctors is my suggestion. If the homeopathic doctors are anything like the people they treat, they have varied and contradictory opinions on what cures what, and are more than happy to experiment on you.



(the "beach")

Before dinner I walked down the "beach" which is a nice way of saying storm wall. But the storm wall was made up of granite rocks and at the very top, was laid a wide strip of sand that you could walk along, and have a sense of being on a beach.

It was quite beautiful.

For dinner I went back to Rendezvous and had french onion soup, BBQ ribs, a red wine, water, fruit salad with ice cream and a coffee.




And now I'm home and about to checkout for the night.
God Bless and Keep you all!
12:12am 20.11.8

1 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Jen-n-Jac said...

Sorry to hear that you're sick again. Hope you feel better soon. Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home