Faith or Bust: India

We're a group of guys tired of being told to be normal. We can't be normal, we're Christians. And we're called to live our faith out loud. WE're going to live our lives Faith or Bust.

This summer we're heading to India to serve the poor and dying!


Donate to Faith or Bust!

Monday, October 20, 2008

Passin time --15 october

So... not much has happened...

I've had some time to paint... so I've continued two paintings, which basically means I painted over two old ones...



and I copied a painting that is in the lobby for a friend (Bina), an Indian living in California.



Also, this past Sunday we had talent night... which was alot of fun.



We even had some of the ICPE community's kids do some stuff.



And a comedy Genesis play... the blue boat is Noah's first attempt at an ark... God was a bit disappointed...



Most teams took quite a long time to practice, and as you can see some even bought outfits... but well. I'm me. And I was the one with the skit idea... so we took about 30 minutes of practice time total (some teams took 6 hours or more).

But as can be expected from my NET background, this 30 minutes was more than ample. And "Matt's Magic powder" a "repeat it this way" styled skit, was a hit. People were apparently in tears laughing, and according to Matthew (our group staff member), people thought it was the funniest of the night. I did very little to make it funny, other than put Matthew and Martin in the awkward position of having to do impromptu, without really wanting to. And they were a riot.

Other than that, I'm a bit upset with the rupee slowly gaining ground on the Dollar... its now back to 48INR per Dollar, down from 49... :-( but still up from the 42 that it was in August!

And life goes on... as does learning

1 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger Jen-n-Jac said...

Wish I could've seen the skit. Bet it was great! Love you! BTw, you should receive your belated b-day gift any day now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home